19th Street BART Station, Oakland, California
- Irreplaceable Location on 19th Street BART Station
- 17 Min to San Francisco (SalesForce Tower)
- 9 Min. to U.C. Berkeley
- Class A, Market Leading Design
- Top 10 Ranked U.S. Developer
- Guaranteed Job Creation
- Residential Investment
- Legacy Fund Investment
1900 Broadway Features & Advantages
The 1900 Broadway Project (“Project”) is a new trophy quality 39-story, 452 unit mixed-use residential and retail development in Oakland, California.
#1 Development Site
CBRE named the 1900 Broadway site the “top trophy quality high-rise multifamily development site on the west coast” due to its leading combination of quality, location and scale.
It does not get better than being located directly on top 19th Street BART, directly across the street from 2,000 employees at Square Inc. and living in the heart of Oakland’s most favored Uptown District.
Trophy Quality Project
1900 Broadway has it all: Location, Panoramic Views, Amenities, Lifestyle, Convenience. This makes the investment much more insulated from market changes as it will always be a residents “1st choice”.
1900 Broadway is a true downtown urban lifestyle location with exceptional walk ability. It was awarded a 98 Walkscore due to just about all of life’s needs being able to be met without use of a car.
15,000+ New Jobs within 3 Blocks
Oakland is amidst an economic renaissance as it revives the entire Uptown District. Over 15,000 new jobs are destined for our doorstep including Square Inc. who will move 2,000 employees to Uptown Station in late 2019.
Resort Style Amenities
Lifestyle package includes package lockers, bike storage, clubhouse, media-game rooms, cafe, restaurant, gym, pool, cabanas and outdoor living, outdoor kitchen & bbq, dog run, sky lounge, and 24-hour concierge.
Onsite Co-Working Facility
Devoted to the Live-Work-Play concept of downtown urban living, 1900 Broadway will have 2 floors and over 50,000 SF of co-working space allowing lucky residents to take an Elevator-to-Work.
Class “A” Apartment Units
Ceiling to floor glass, stainless steel appliances, tiled kitchen and baths, laminate wood plank flooring all laid out to enjoy expansive views of the San Francisco, Berkeley, the Oakland Hills and more.
Top 10 Ranked Developer
Lincoln Property Company, is a nationally ranked real estate developer and asset manager with over $82 billion in managed assets. LPC West, their west coast arm, will manage the development to completion.
3,000 Jobs to be Created for EB-5
The development and construction of 1900 Broadway will result in creating over 3,000 full time jobs for American workers. The economic study was produced by Baker Tilly, a highly respected EB-5 economist.
Legacy Fund Investment
1900 Broadway is the inaugural asset of the BRC Legacy Fund, Behring’s ultimate EB-5 investment offering giving investors the opportunity to share in the ownership of trophy quality assets over the long term.
I-526 Money Back Guaranty
We guaranty that the I-526 petition will be approved or the Investor will receive a 100% refund of their investment and administrative fee. We currently have a 100% approval history on all USCIS adjudicated petitions.
Completion guarantees for our EB-5 program are absolutely required on all projects. This protection all but ensures delivery of the asset, exceeding the EB-5 jobs requirement and EB-5 investors achieving their permanent green cards.
Investor Protections & Guaranties
All Behring EB-5 projects come with various EB-5 investment protections and guarantees. USCIS does not allow Risk-free but we get as close as regulations allow us to. Contact Behring for the full menus of offering terms.
Behring offers a variety of Investment Options.
After 5 year Term
Get the full vault of 1900 Broadway Documents
Behring’s core real
Due Diligence Checklist
- Business Plan
- Economic Analysis “Job Study”
- Target Employment Are Certification
- USCIS Regional Centre Approval Letter
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Subscription Agreement
- Limited Partnership Agreement
- Rent Market Study
- Finished Value Appraisal
- Financial Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Land Appraisal
Behring’s core real
I love this EB-5 project, now what?
Verify Your Eligibility with Our Team
1. Offer icon links for Chat desk, Calendly, Form Questionnaire,
2. Verify accredited investor status
View project materials
(EB-5 Information deck, project slide decks, seminar video,I-526 package)
Subscribe to investment
Hire Immigration Attorney
File I-526 petition with USCIS
Ready to get started? Let’s discuss 1900 Broadway together.
Behring's Top FAQs
FAQ 1: What is EB-5?
EB-5 is an investment based immigration program where foreign investors who invest in the United States and create jobs for American workers can apply for permanent residency or a “Green Card“.
• An immigrant investor who invests $1 Million (or $500,000 in a target employment area) and creates 10 jobs for American workers can achieve permanent residency (or green card) for themselves and qualifying family members. To qualify as an “investment” the investor’s project is required to have risk.
• The program has various requirements and stipulations such as how the jobs are counted, what documentation needs to be provided and more. There are 2 styles of investment, investing directly or through a federally-designated Regional Center. When investing directly, the investor makes a direct investment into a job creating company.
• A USCIS approved Regional Center is a vehicle that has gone through a sort of pre-approval process with USCIS. The Regional Center pilot program’s core purpose is to make the EB-5 investment process easier for the investor, more streamlined for USCIS approvals, and further promote U.S. economic growth. The Regional Center essentially can take all the management and job creation responsibilities out of the hands of the investor. The Regional Center is a powerful job creating entity that is granted the capability to pool multiple investors together like a “fund” and create jobs in multiple direct and indirect capacities.
• Most regional center projects are in Target Employment Areas, allowing the EB-5 investors to take advantage of the lower investment threshold. Most EB-5 investments made today are invested through EB-5 regional centers.
FAQ 2: How Does EB-5 Work When Investing Through A Regional Center?
You choose the Regional Center and the Regional Center ensures the project is EB-5 compliant.
• When investing through an EB-5 regional center, an EB-5 petitioner will usually invest into a limited partnership fund established specifically for that chosen EB-5 project. This limited partnership fund then issues a loan to the EB-5 project developer.
• The limited partnership fund functions similarly to a private bank issuing construction loans. There is usually some collateral offered to the fund by the project developer, such as an equity pledge or corporate guarantee to ensure the debt is repaid. A good analogy is home mortgages; if you have a mortgage and fail to make payments, the bank that issued you debt would foreclose on the property and initiate a sale to reclaim funds.
• Through this loan, the project developer demonstrates job creating activity through their budget expenditures on the project.
• In the case of real estate based EB-5 projects, once construction completes the developer will operate the project until the project has reached stabilized occupancy and then the project is refinanced or sold. The EB-5 limited partners are then repaid from the proceeds of the new long-term debt or sale at the end of their individual investment terms.
• EB-5 Limited Partnerships sometimes take equity positions in real estate investment funds. Contact Behring Companies to learn more about what equity investments are available.
FAQ 3: Who Is Eligible to Receive Immigration Benefits from My EB-5 Investment?
The EB-5 investor’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are eligible to receive immigration benefits
• One important thing to note, the Childhood Status Protection Act (CSPA) helps to protect children of EB-5 petitioners against long petition processing times. The child’s age “freezes” at the time of I-526 application, meaning that once the I-526 petition is approved, the time the I-526 petition spent processing is subtracted from the child’s age.
• Keep in mind, the child’s age will “unfreeze” after I-526 approval, so the child may still age out if there is additional wait time prior to filing adjustment of status.
• Schedule a call with a Behring Companies’ EB-5 expert to evaluate your child’s risk of “aging out”.
FAQ 4: What Is Required to Be Eligible to File an EB-5 Visa Petition?
When investing through an EB-5 regional center, there are only two primary eligibility requirements for EB-5 investment:
1.Having $500,000 available for investment that meets USCIS requirements
2.Meeting the Accredited Investor requirements established the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Learn more about the source of fund requirements by USCIS for your $500,000 investment by clicking here.
Learn more about being an accredited investor by clicking here.
FAQ 5: What is the Accredited Investor Requirement?
An accredited investor is a person who is permitted to purchase securities that are not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. They are entitled to such privileged access if they satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the primary residence. This net worth calculation can include assets held outside of the US.
- Have an annual gross income more than $200,000 for each of the last two calendar years. This requirement is raised to $300,000 when considering the joint income of a married couple. If either spouse individually earns $200,000, the couple does not need to consider their joint income for the requirement.
In the U.S., the term is used by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under Regulation D to refer to investors who are financially sophisticated and have a reduced need for the protection provided by regulatory disclosure filings.
If you are not certain that you can meet the accredited investor requirement, schedule a complimentary EB-5 consultation with one of our EB-5 experts to determine your eligibility and to learn how you can have your accredited investor status verified.
FAQ 6: How much does EB-5 cost?
The cost of EB-5 investment is variable depending on several factors including (1) which regional center the EB-5 investor engages, (2) the law firm the EB-5 investor engages, and (3) the number of individuals that immigrate via the EB-5 investor’s petition.
The following is a general cost estimate for EB-5 investment through a regional center:
- I-526 Stage: $74,340
- I-485 Stage: ~$3,175
- I-829 Stage: ~6,425
- Total Cash Needed: $83,940
In some cases, there are administrative discounts available to investors, schedule a complimentary EB-5 consultation to get quoted a cost estimate for your EB-5 investment and to receive an itemized cost breakdown.
FAQ 7: How long does EB-5 take?
EB-5 Petition processing time estimates as of October 2018:
- I-526 Petition processing time: 20.5 to 26.5 months
- I-485 Petition processing time: 10 to 24.5 months (variable depending on chosen field office or service center)
- I-829 Petition processing time: 30 to 39 months
Residents from China, India, Vietnam, Brazil, and South Korea can expect additional processing time after I-526 approval, prior to filing for adjustment of status, due to visa retrogression. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation to get a time estimate based on the details of your own situation.
FAQ 8: How Are Jobs Created Through EB-5 Investment?
Jobs can be documented in two ways; direct employment or indirect employment. Regional Centers simplify job creation because we can use direct and indirect jobs.
• Direct employment involves hiring individuals directly, paying a salary, benefits, and tracking employment related documents such as W-2s and tax returns. If direct employment is being considered for EB-5 job creation, the jobs must be maintained for two years each.
• Because regional center EB-5 investments are typically larger scale projects, regional centers often utilize indirect job creation. Indirect jobs, or induced jobs, are a form of job creation measured through budget expenditure and economic impact. Job creation is calculated using an economic Input-Output model, where budget expenditures are the input and jobs are the measured output. These kinds of models are often utilized when directly tracking employment would be too burdensome. For example, Input-Output models are utilized to calculate jobs lost due to natural disasters, or jobs created from economic stimulus packages.
• Using these models, EB-5 project managers are not necessarily tracking the directly hired employees for the purposes of documentation job creation, rather, the economic expenditure used to calculate the economic equivalence of jobs created.
• Learn more about job creation with this video: https://youtu.be/7hpaJ9jpd5s
FAQ 9: Do I Need to Invest the Full $500,000 Upfront?
USCIS permits a ramping up period of the investment. This means the entire investment amount is not required at the time of applying for the EB-5 visa.
• The EB-5 investor does need to demonstrate the availability of funds, as well as a commitment to invest the full investment amount on a determinate schedule. Simply intending to invest or planning to invest in the future without a present commitment will not qualify an investor for EB-5.
• Schedule a call with a Behring Companies representative to discuss Partial Capital Contributions and learn how you can phase your EB-5 investment over time.