Get the EB-5 Presentation Now
Learn about 1900 Broadway, our trophy quality high-rise apartment tower project in Oakland, California. In the presentation, you will learn about the location, the asset, the sponsor, EB-5 job creation and how the project strategy will meet investor goals.
Balance Income and Security Through Preferred Equity
Our Basic Income option is the Legacy Fund’s Preferred Equity Units. Preferred equity offers investors a stronger income profile than debt style investments while limiting its risk compared to common equity.
Basic Income Option
Ideal for the investor who is seeking to middle level returns while controlling their risk. Preferred equity is a great way to target higher yielding investments without taking the full risk of common equity.
5% Preferred Return
Legacy Fund preferred units earn a gross preferred return of 5%, accrued and payable from distributed cash flow from investment. Preferred returns are received prior to any distributions going to the common equity investors.
5 Year Initial Term
Preferred Equity investors are committed to an initial 5-year term, sufficient for most multifamily investment assets to go full cycle, stabilize rents and re-finance. After the initial term, investors may apply for redemption of investments.
Customize by Blending Units
Legacy Fund Investors have the ability to blend their minimum investment amount across either preferred units or common units, allowing for a customized risk/return profile that can suit the needs of the individual investor.
Priority Over Common Equity
Preferred Equity is a lower risk investment structure compared to common equity because the investment has a priority return of capital, payment of preferred return and is secured by an equity pledge from the asset owner directly.
The Legacy Fund investment scope is highly defined and targeted toward residential mixed use projects, just like EB-5 investors wanted. We remain focused and don’t bounce around and wander into businesses we do not have expertise in.
Convertible to Common Equity
After the 5-year initial term has expired, investors may convert their preferred units to common equity units. This functionality provides the investor to adjust their risk/return profile and personal finance goals in the middle of their investment.
Invest in Installments
The Legacy Fund is structured to accept partial capital commitments and can relax the investment schedule compared to other EB-5 offerings. This can be very helpful allowing extra time for investors to liquidate real estate, stock options or other time sensitive investments.
For investors who face retrogression or backlogs, the Legacy Fund mitigates opportunity costs by paying a higher rate of return compared to most offerings. Even if investors are subject to lengthy processing, they can earn along the way.
Preferred Equity Overview Deck
Download our Basic Income (preferred equity) presentation to learn about the detailed strategy and opportunity created by preferred equity investment.
Preferred Equity Overview Deck
Legacy Fund EB-5 Overview Deck
Download the introductory slide deck explaining the EB-5 Legacy Fund and how it works
Legacy Fund EB-5 Overview Deck
Behring EB-5 Overview Deck
Download the an introductory deck explaining Behring Investments
Behring Eb-5 Overview Deck
EB-5 Personal Investment Planning
A 5-minute call can save you 5 days of worthless internet browsing and misleading articles about EB-5, it’s potential and limitations. Our team of experts you will have access to includes in-house immigration attorney’s, developers, investment bankers and more. Make an appointment for free and get the expert help you need.
What You Will Learn
- Are you eligible for EB-5?
- What are the requirements for EB-5?
- Is EB-5 your best path to a greencard?
- What are the cost and fees for YOUR case?
- Learn about the Schedules and Timelines for EB-5
- How to find steep discounts to fees
- What is an EB-5 Regional Center and how do they help?
LEARN ABOUT ALL OUR PROFILES
Get the full vault of 1900 Broadway Documents
Due Diligence Checklist
- Business Plan
- Economic Analysis “Job Study”
- Target Employment Are Certification
- USCIS Regional Centre Approval Letter
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Subscription Agreement
- Limited Partnership Agreement
- Rent Market Study
- Finished Value Appraisal
- Financial Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Land Appraisal
Register to Receive the Full Document Package
I love this EB-5 project, now what?
Verify your eligibility with our Team
1. Offer icon links for Chat desk, Calendly, Form Questionnaire,
2. Verify accredited investor status
View project materials
(EB-5 Information deck, project slide decks, seminar video,I-526 package)
Subscribe to investment
Hire Immigration Attorney
File I-526 petition with USCIS
Ready to get started? Let’s discuss 1900 Broadway together.
Top 10 FAQs
EB-5 is an investment based immigration program where foreign investors who invest in the United States and create jobs for American workers can apply for permanent residency or a “Green Card“.
• An immigrant investor who invests $1 Million (or $500,000 in a target employment area) and creates 10 jobs for American workers can achieve permanent residency (or green card) for themselves and qualifying family members. To qualify as an “investment” the investor’s project is required to have risk.
• The program has various requirements and stipulations such as how the jobs are counted, what documentation needs to be provided and more. There are 2 styles of investment, investing directly or through a federally-designated Regional Center. When investing directly, the investor makes a direct investment into a job creating company.
• A USCIS approved Regional Center is a vehicle that has gone through a sort of pre-approval process with USCIS. The Regional Center pilot program’s core purpose is to make the EB-5 investment process easier for the investor, more streamlined for USCIS approvals, and further promote U.S. economic growth. The Regional Center essentially can take all the management and job creation responsibilities out of the hands of the investor. The Regional Center is a powerful job creating entity that is granted the capability to pool multiple investors together like a “fund” and create jobs in multiple direct and indirect capacities.
• Most regional center projects are in Target Employment Areas, allowing the EB-5 investors to take advantage of the lower investment threshold. Most EB-5 investments made today are invested through EB-5 regional centers.
You choose the Regional Center and the Regional Center ensures the project is EB-5 compliant.
• When investing through an EB-5 regional center, an EB-5 petitioner will usually invest into a limited partnership fund established specifically for that chosen EB-5 project. This limited partnership fund then issues a loan to the EB-5 project developer.
• The limited partnership fund functions similarly to a private bank issuing construction loans. There is usually some collateral offered to the fund by the project developer, such as an equity pledge or corporate guarantee to ensure the debt is repaid. A good analogy is home mortgages; if you have a mortgage and fail to make payments, the bank that issued you debt would foreclose on the property and initiate a sale to reclaim funds.
• Through this loan, the project developer demonstrates job creating activity through their budget expenditures on the project.
• In the case of real estate based EB-5 projects, once construction completes the developer will operate the project until the project has reached stabilized occupancy and then the project is refinanced or sold. The EB-5 limited partners are then repaid from the proceeds of the new long-term debt or sale at the end of their individual investment terms.
• EB-5 Limited Partnerships sometimes take equity positions in real estate investment funds. Contact Behring Companies to learn more about what equity investments are available.
The EB-5 investor’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are eligible to receive immigration benefits
• One important thing to note, the Childhood Status Protection Act (CSPA) helps to protect children of EB-5 petitioners against long petition processing times. The child’s age “freezes” at the time of I-526 application, meaning that once the I-526 petition is approved, the time the I-526 petition spent processing is subtracted from the child’s age.
• Keep in mind, the child’s age will “unfreeze” after I-526 approval, so the child may still age out if there is additional wait time prior to filing adjustment of status.
• Schedule a call with a Behring Companies’ EB-5 expert to evaluate your child’s risk of “aging out”.
When investing through an EB-5 regional center, there are only two primary eligibility requirements for EB-5 investment:
1.Having $500,000 available for investment that meets USCIS requirements
2.Meeting the Accredited Investor requirements established the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Learn more about the source of fund requirements by USCIS for your $500,000 investment by clicking here.
Learn more about being an accredited investor by clicking here.
An accredited investor is a person who is permitted to purchase securities that are not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. They are entitled to such privileged access if they satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the primary residence. This net worth calculation can include assets held outside of the US.
- Have an annual gross income more than $200,000 for each of the last two calendar years. This requirement is raised to $300,000 when considering the joint income of a married couple. If either spouse individually earns $200,000, the couple does not need to consider their joint income for the requirement.
In the U.S., the term is used by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under Regulation D to refer to investors who are financially sophisticated and have a reduced need for the protection provided by regulatory disclosure filings.
If you are not certain that you can meet the accredited investor requirement, schedule a complimentary EB-5 consultation with one of our EB-5 experts to determine your eligibility and to learn how you can have your accredited investor status verified.
The cost of EB-5 investment is variable depending on several factors including (1) which regional center the EB-5 investor engages, (2) the law firm the EB-5 investor engages, and (3) the number of individuals that immigrate via the EB-5 investor’s petition.
The following is a general cost estimate for EB-5 investment through a regional center:
- I-526 Stage: $74,340
- I-485 Stage: ~$3,175
- I-829 Stage: ~6,425
- Total Cash Needed: $83,940
In some cases, there are administrative discounts available to investors, schedule a complimentary EB-5 consultation to get quoted a cost estimate for your EB-5 investment and to receive an itemized cost breakdown.
EB-5 Petition processing time estimates as of October 2018:
- I-526 Petition processing time: 20.5 to 26.5 months
- I-485 Petition processing time: 10 to 24.5 months (variable depending on chosen field office or service center)
- I-829 Petition processing time: 30 to 39 months
Residents from China, India, Vietnam, Brazil, and South Korea can expect additional processing time after I-526 approval, prior to filing for adjustment of status, due to visa retrogression. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation to get a time estimate based on the details of your own situation.
Jobs can be documented in two ways; direct employment or indirect employment. Regional Centers simplify job creation because we can use direct and indirect jobs.
• Direct employment involves hiring individuals directly, paying a salary, benefits, and tracking employment related documents such as W-2s and tax returns. If direct employment is being considered for EB-5 job creation, the jobs must be maintained for two years each.
• Because regional center EB-5 investments are typically larger scale projects, regional centers often utilize indirect job creation. Indirect jobs, or induced jobs, are a form of job creation measured through budget expenditure and economic impact. Job creation is calculated using an economic Input-Output model, where budget expenditures are the input and jobs are the measured output. These kinds of models are often utilized when directly tracking employment would be too burdensome. For example, Input-Output models are utilized to calculate jobs lost due to natural disasters, or jobs created from economic stimulus packages.
• Using these models, EB-5 project managers are not necessarily tracking the directly hired employees for the purposes of documentation job creation, rather, the economic expenditure used to calculate the economic equivalence of jobs created.
• Learn more about job creation with this video: https://youtu.be/7hpaJ9jpd5s
USCIS permits a ramping up period of the investment. This means the entire investment amount is not required at the time of applying for the EB-5 visa.
• The EB-5 investor does need to demonstrate the availability of funds, as well as a commitment to invest the full investment amount on a determinate schedule. Simply intending to invest or planning to invest in the future without a present commitment will not qualify an investor for EB-5.
• Schedule a call with a Behring Companies representative to discuss Partial Capital Contributions and learn how you can phase your EB-5 investment over time.